Tuesday 13 November 2012

Remembrance Day










Remembrance Day - LUOTC

As you all know Remembrance Day was on Sunday. On the day, instead of marching in the parade, I was taking photographs. It was a brilliant service with an amazing turn-out. I feel obliged to say, I had the easier job of the day. Taking photographs is just something I love doing, yet my fellow OCdts had to stand still for 45 minutes. Although this is our way of paying respect, you must appreciate it can be fairly difficult. They all did a fantastic job. 

These are only a few of the photographs from the day, I don't think my 'student' internet could handle uploading the 100's I shot. 

Leeds University Officer Training Corps (LUOTC) is a Territorial Army organisation with the task of developing the character, leadership, and ability of students who join (straight from the website). Now I haven't been part of the LUOTC for long, but, I can tell you from my experience already it's something different. I would suggest to anyone who has ever been interested in a forces life and are at University, take it up! OTC's are all around the country so there is bound to be a local one for your University. 

You can check out the website here: http://www.army.mod.uk/UOTC/5458.aspx
Thanks,

Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment