Sunday 6 January 2013

Amsterdam




Amsterdam

These photographs were taken in the Amsterdam area. The trip was for my 21st birthday present (Thanks Annie!) and was a real experience. If you ever get the chance to go, I recommend you stay for more than one day as there is just too much to see! I realise it's been a while since my last post, sorry guys! I've been so busy over Christmas and New Year along with revising for exams. Hopefully I'll be able to crack on with a shoot I've got planned for after my exams. 

When taking these photographs, I think my most reoccurring thought was "What do I include and what don't I include?". For instance with the last image of the bicycle, I took around 5 photographs, first of all excluding the bicycle focusing on the cityscape. But then as I started to move back, I slowly included more and more of the bicycle and realised it looked far more effective with it present. 

I really wanted to get across the presence of bicycles in Amsterdam as they seem such an important element of society in the city. Being a Geography student, I tend to feel a slight joy that people are using non-pollutant methods of transport. That said, I did almost become road-kill several times due to those damn bicycles!

Thanks for reading, 

Lewis

2 comments: