Sunday 18 August 2013

Day 4 - Gulls



Day 4 - Gulls

OK, so here is my first 'proper' attempt at any wildlife photography I guess! I believe these are Red-Billed Gulls, but as I am no expert, I am not 100%. If you do happen to know, please do correct me! 

I've always had a lot of respect for wildlife photographers and cameraman, I think this stems from all the BBC documentaries I have seen over the years. Doug Allan and similar professionals make the documentaries come to life in my opinion.  As expected, a lot of patience is needed for trying to get a good shot of any animal, and a hardened exterior to combat the elements might also come in handy! So a few things I would recommend you take for a day out in the wild: Spare memory card/large memory card, extra battery juice, tripod as always!, food and drink (I don't know about you, but I am always hungry!), macro and telephoto lenses. The list could go on and on but as one of my friends once told me, if you're going to be out all day taking photographs, do you really want to be lugging a suitcase around?

I hope you liked the photographs, practice is definitely needed!
Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment